GayandRight

My name is Fred and I am a gay conservative living in Ottawa. This blog supports limited government, the right of the State of Israel to live in peace and security, and tries to expose the threat to us all from cultural relativism, post-modernism, and radical Islam. I am also the founder of the Free Thinking Film Society in Ottawa (www.freethinkingfilms.com)

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Dotted Cubes?

Well, political correctness never ceases to amaze me. A columnist in Florida has the story of an elementary school where the instructions for playing a game referred to 'dotted cubes'.
The dotted cubes turned out to be dice, although apparently teachers were encouraged not to use that word for fear it would invoke an image of gambling.

Yes, sometimes we do get carried away in the name of sensitivity or political correctness, or, as Stublen puts it, "HAS EVERY FREAKING PERSON IN THIS COUNTRY LOST THEIR MIND!!"

"I can see it now," he wrote. "Cards will be referred to as 'numbered pictures.' I can't wait until the next Vegas trip. I can scream at the top of my lungs, 'Come on you hot dotted cubes. Baby needs a new pair of shoes.'