GayandRight

My name is Fred and I am a gay conservative living in Ottawa. This blog supports limited government, the right of the State of Israel to live in peace and security, and tries to expose the threat to us all from cultural relativism, post-modernism, and radical Islam. I am also the founder of the Free Thinking Film Society in Ottawa (www.freethinkingfilms.com)

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

We always knew the BBC was rabid.....

The head of the BBC bit a journalist on the arm when he edited the nine o'clock news.
The story was told in an e-mail to Jeremy Paxman when he was doing research on Mark Thompson, the director-general, for an interview last January.

He wrote to Anthony Massey, a journalist at the BBC, and asked him: "I've got to interview Mark Thompson tomorrow. Is it true that he once bit you?"

Mr Massey confirmed that the report was true.

"It was late summer or early autumn of 1988," he said. "I was a home news organiser. It was 9.15 in the morning, in the middle of the old sixth-floor newsroom. I went up to his desk to talk about some story after the 9am meeting we used to have then.

"I was standing next to him on his right and he was sitting reading his horoscope in the Daily Star (I always remember that detail).

"Before I could say a word he suddenly turned, snarled and sank his teeth into my left upper arm, leaving marks through the shirt but not drawing blood.

"It hurt. I pulled my arm out, like a stick out of the jaws of a labrador."

Mr Massey said that the attack was entirely unprovoked.