GayandRight

My name is Fred and I am a gay conservative living in Ottawa. This blog supports limited government, the right of the State of Israel to live in peace and security, and tries to expose the threat to us all from cultural relativism, post-modernism, and radical Islam. I am also the founder of the Free Thinking Film Society in Ottawa (www.freethinkingfilms.com)

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Why I Hate Diversity Training.....

This piece of news got my attention...a school district is being sued because its mandatory diversity training told students they must keep silent if they think homosexual behavior is wrong.

As someone who is openly gay, I have always fought for tolerance. But, shouldn't we also have some tolerance for people who have religious views on this topic? I really don't want to force 100% ideological purity on everybody. People must be free to think and say as they please...even if we don't like it. It's for this same reason that I am against hate-crime laws. I don't like making thoughts into crimes.