GayandRight

My name is Fred and I am a gay conservative living in Ottawa. This blog supports limited government, the right of the State of Israel to live in peace and security, and tries to expose the threat to us all from cultural relativism, post-modernism, and radical Islam. I am also the founder of the Free Thinking Film Society in Ottawa (www.freethinkingfilms.com)

Friday, June 24, 2005

Militant's Remorse...

I'd like to see a lot more of these types of stories.
Ibrahim Abdallah, who was brought up to hate Jews in one of the USA's largest Muslim communities and then went to Israel where he became a PLO militant, said: "I feel ashamed."

In an exclusive interview with the Jewish Telegraph, he confessed: "One day, as a member of Fatah, we threw stones at an Israeli civilian vehicle and caused it to crash. Blood was spattered on the window.

"We were exuberant because we had injured people. I wanted to destroy Jews to carry out my Muslim mission."

Now he says: "I did it out of deep ignorance. We should support and care for Jews. No one is more persecuted than the Jews. This injustice needs to be righted."

He continued: "Israel has never attacked anyone. All its wars have been in self-defence.

"They only want to live in peace. Jews are the most forgiving of people, sometimes too forgiving to their own detriment. That is why peace agreements have failed."
Please read his story.