GayandRight

My name is Fred and I am a gay conservative living in Ottawa. This blog supports limited government, the right of the State of Israel to live in peace and security, and tries to expose the threat to us all from cultural relativism, post-modernism, and radical Islam. I am also the founder of the Free Thinking Film Society in Ottawa (www.freethinkingfilms.com)

Monday, November 21, 2005

A follow-up to my letter to Stephen Harper...

I also posted my open letter to Stephen Harper on the FreeDominion.ca forum (the one on Conservative Party issues). Lo and behold - before the issue could even be debated - someone else opened another topic, entitled "Gay Conservatives should leave the CPC". The debate on that topic and on my letter is still on-going.

You can join in the fun here.

There's certainly a lot of homophobic people on FreeDomionion. Too bad. Fortunately, as younger conservatives start to make up more of the party, homosexuality will become less and less of an issue. I am still heartened that 25% of the attendees at the Conservative Party Policy Conference voted to support same-sex marriage. Compare that 25% to the only 4 members of the 99-member caucus who voted to support SSM.

4 Comments:

Blogger ALW said...

Not much point tackling the folks on FD. There are, sadly, some bigots sprinkled among them (I don't think everyone opposed to SSM is automatically a bigot, but there are definitely some there).

FD is a PR disaster waiting to happen for the CPC.

12:42 AM  
Blogger WE Speak said...

" FD is a PR disaster waiting to happen for the CPC."

No different than Babble and other places. The internet is unregulated space. Anyone trying to attempt to portray these as "official" or representative of any party is sadly misguided. Dont' get me wrong, I believe the attempt will be made, but the responses are prepared.

2:19 AM  
Blogger WE Speak said...

Fred, while I respect your right to post anywhere you wish and to say what you will, did you really expect anything but the response you received? FD is known as home to a very diverse group of people and is in no way representative of the Conservative Party. When you poke a hornet's nest to evoke a response, don't be suprised at the response.

3:05 AM  
Blogger Shameer Ravji said...

FD isn't really worth the time.

3:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home