GayandRight

My name is Fred and I am a gay conservative living in Ottawa. This blog supports limited government, the right of the State of Israel to live in peace and security, and tries to expose the threat to us all from cultural relativism, post-modernism, and radical Islam. I am also the founder of the Free Thinking Film Society in Ottawa (www.freethinkingfilms.com)

Monday, January 02, 2006

Is Ahmadinejad good news?

Amir Tahier thinks so, and he has a point.
You may be surprised but I also regard the election of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad as the new president of the Islamic Republic as good news. The reason is simple: Ahmadinejad has the courage, some might say recklessness, to cast aside the hypocritical mask worn by his two predecessors, both businessmen-mullahs, in a strategy of deception. He has eschewed taqiyah (dissimulation) and that, believe me, is welcome news. His presidency will force the people of Iran and the rest of the world either to come to terms with the Khomeinist revolution or challenge it in a meaningful way.
Unfortunately, I don't see any signs that people are ready to challenge it at all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

I agree, Fred, although the perspective of Mr T is thought-provoking to say the least.

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home