GayandRight

My name is Fred and I am a gay conservative living in Ottawa. This blog supports limited government, the right of the State of Israel to live in peace and security, and tries to expose the threat to us all from cultural relativism, post-modernism, and radical Islam. I am also the founder of the Free Thinking Film Society in Ottawa (www.freethinkingfilms.com)

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Another gay Iranian faces deportation....

Yet once again, a gay Iranian faces deportation.
Medhi is a 26-year-old gay Iranian who fled Iran to escape persecution. While doing his military service, Mehdi was discovered having sex with another soldier. After being smuggled from Iran into Turkey by donkey, he eventually made his way to England, where his application for asylum as a sexual refugee from Iran's lethal anti-gay pogrom was denied, and is now facing deportation proceedings on March 28. If he is deported, Mehdi is under explicit threat of arrest and probable execution in Iran.

2 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

Although I don't agree with homosexuality, I don't believe that deporting someone to a country where they will face death for it is appropriate.

I hope that the person is granted the right to stay.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can't believe that in this day and age, governments still give a damn about what people do in the privacy of their own home. I'm straight and nobody is peeking in my windows (I hope). To me it is absolutely ridiculous and I hope one day people will wake up and smell the common sense. Now that it's out of my system...To send somebody to their death over who they prefer sexually? Hmmm...I think the nazi's used to do that as well.

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home