GayandRight

My name is Fred and I am a gay conservative living in Ottawa. This blog supports limited government, the right of the State of Israel to live in peace and security, and tries to expose the threat to us all from cultural relativism, post-modernism, and radical Islam. I am also the founder of the Free Thinking Film Society in Ottawa (www.freethinkingfilms.com)

Monday, July 03, 2006

Happy July 4th!

I wish all of my American readers a very Happy July 4th!

Right now, the US is a major force for good. They have brought democracy to Afghanistan, and are trying to bring democracy to Iraq. While they have made many mistakes (and what country wouldn't?), we must support what they are trying to do - put an end to terror.

I have lots of misgivings about President Bush. I wish he was more of a fiscal conservative and more of a libertarian. But, I believe he made the right decision to invade Iraq - and I wish more of the world would try to support its road to democracy.

Regardless of ANY differences with George Bush, I really wish Canadians would put a stop to the current virulent anti-Americanism. We need to remember that we are their closest ally - and they are our closes ally. Their fight against terrorism is also our fight - since, at its essence, it's a fight about western cultural values.

Happy July 4th!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen! God bless the American people as they continue their noble service to the world--imagine if Gore won? Iraq and Afghanistan would still be dictatorships, promoting terror activities at home and abroad.

9:55 AM  
Blogger OreamnosAmericanus said...

Thanks, GayandRight.

Despite my handle, I am part-Canadian by naturalization. I lived in TO for 17 eventful years and returned to the US in 1991, only to fall in love with the land of my birth again, rather unexpectedly.

Some of my best friends are Canadian!
But we don't talk about America, so ensconced are they in the lefty loop running throughout the Great White North.

This year I sent them all Dominion Day cards (not Canada Day) with the old Red Ensign flag!

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, and happy belated Dominion Day or Canada Day, whichever you prefer, to you!
And you're right about Bush. A big disappointment by libertarian and conservative standards.

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still feel uneasy about the wars that the west waged. Putting an end to terror cannot be achieved using terror, or even "shock and awe". Killing civilians is what they did to us on 9/11 and 7/7. Iraq don't remember the days that large amounts of people are killed, because it happens daily for them. There were no roadside bombs before we invaded.

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home