GayandRight

My name is Fred and I am a gay conservative living in Ottawa. This blog supports limited government, the right of the State of Israel to live in peace and security, and tries to expose the threat to us all from cultural relativism, post-modernism, and radical Islam. I am also the founder of the Free Thinking Film Society in Ottawa (www.freethinkingfilms.com)

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Egyptian Culture Minister Upsets the Saudis...

Note that he expressed 'nostalgia' for the days when women didn't have to don headscarves...
Saudi Arabia's Grand Mufti, Sheik Abdul-Aziz al-Sheik responded in a statement aired Saturday by Al Majd television, a religious channel, to comments by the Egyptian Culture Minister Farouk Hosni expressing nostalgia for Egypt in the days when women didn't feel compelled to don headscarves.

"It is a calamity that struck Islamic lands and contradicts the teachings of the Quran," al-Sheik said of Hosni's comments.

"It is truly painful to hear such declarations from within Islamic lands, from people who are considered Muslims," he added.

1 Comments:

Blogger Suricou Raven said...

Islam, and to a lesser extent Christianity, have a problem with one-upping the devoutness:

"Im so holy, I wont even let my children watch Harry Potter!"
"Oh yeah? Well, im so holy, I pray five times a day!"
"Thats nothing, Im so holy I never leave the house without my face covered!"
"You think you are holy? Well, im so holy, I never leave the house without my whole body covered! Lets see you out-holy that one!"

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home