GayandRight

My name is Fred and I am a gay conservative living in Ottawa. This blog supports limited government, the right of the State of Israel to live in peace and security, and tries to expose the threat to us all from cultural relativism, post-modernism, and radical Islam. I am also the founder of the Free Thinking Film Society in Ottawa (www.freethinkingfilms.com)

Monday, October 24, 2011

Up close and personal

I am not a fan of Joan Didion, for reasons I explained at length in a Hudson Review article in 2007 (available here to subscribers), but this intimate profile of her makes interesting reading nonetheless. I found the following admission especially striking, because it confirmed my own major reservation about her work:


She admits that her writing might lack empathy, even human curiosity. “I’m not very interested in people,” she says. “I recognize it in myself—there is a basic indifference toward people.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home